Friday 20 May 2011

Dear Blog

Dear Blog

It has been far too long.  There is a reason for this.... I have been slightly brain frazzled.  I have had the most incredible couple of weeks though.

I guess there is the pressure to report interesting /  funny incidents in my day (which do happen daily) but sometimes I doubt our followers will keep following if it is all about the trials and tribulations of parenting and trying to hold it all together.  Sorry, dear Blog, but this post is not humorous.

But something has happened this week that I need to tell you about.  Let me start by telling you that it is my belief that people are put in our paths (for however short a journey with us) for a reason.  Maybe we need them or they need us.  Maybe we can learn from them or them from us.  Either way, their presence is vital.

We make very good friends with people, but as life changes we only take a few people from our past into the present.  I met one of these people a few months ago and again this week.  She told me she has cancer. 

For the last 3 days I have not been able to shake her from my mind.  Partly due to the news but mostly due to her attitude.  I have never met anyone with her resolve, strength, positivity and acceptance.  She is truly remarkable.  She has made me really take note of my own mortality and the mortality of my children.  She has made me think much more about my parenting skills and priorities than anything else in my life.

Because of this, our house is calmer, more loving and more patient.  Well I am trying to be even if the children aren't!

I am sorry this is a 'serious' 'unhumorous' post but it has been so important for me to write it.

Thank you, my friend, you are truly an amazing inspiration and thank you Blog for being here for me to type this.

Lots of love XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment