Thursday 7 April 2011

Say it like it is why don't you!

I have just been given a hula hoop!  Not your average hula hoop but one with no less than 48 'soft massage balls' on the inside which 'press on the abdominal, back, hip and buttock muscles'.  This is obviously supposed to be an exercise tool with added massage bonus.  I have just had a go (if you can call it that). 

Expecting to be transported from fat to thin and toned in a few easy hulas with the light touch of a persnaully trained masseuse, I was sorely (literally) disappointed!  The massage balls bloody hurt and I think I achieved one and half rotations before it fell to the floor scraping the skin from my ankles.  I was also surprised it didn't get caught on my huge behind and just hang there like it had found its forever home.  I don't like to fail so thinking of my options, I might try to tuck the hoop in between my two spare tyres and give it another try.

But what I do like about this hoop is the packaging!  it reads -
"Hoop also consumed more calories than conventional hoops. (fat people : 4.62kca per minute)"

Immediately I wondered if they had met me as it is safe to say they have not beaten about the bush in their description of the user!  However it also depicts a slender, big busted cartoon character donning a sweat band on her forehead, spinning the hoop with weights in her hand.  Maybe one day, but for now I am going to work on finding a way to rig it up to the light fitting so it stays up whilst I shake my bits at it.  Wonder if this is going to be a night time activity for when no one is around and the curtains are closed?

No comments:

Post a Comment