Saturday 2 April 2011

Spot the Difference

Now I don't want to have a rant this early in the morning but I'm sure I went through my teens secure in the knowledge that teenage acne was exactly that ...TEENAGE acne.  So why do I find myself, at my age, waking up to a really sore, massive, under the skin (so can't yet be seen, but you know it's going to big hugely obvious in a couple of days) bump on my chin?  This is all whilst there is a formation of some complicated star constellation exploding on my forehead. 

And at a time in my life when I am turning to anti-wrinkle creams that moisturise and make your skin 'spring back' into place and 'plump up' (which just makes the blackheads look bigger), I am using facial washes that dry out all the pores.

And whilst Olay, like many other manufacturers, have a cream that fights the seven signs of aging, could they not add a little zit zapping in to the mix?  Or maybe women of my age are not supposed have an acne problem.  And - are the 7 signs of aging supposed to be like the 7 wonders of the world?  Embrace them as spectacularly beautiful, a true natural wonder and another reason why women are so amazingly special.  Well if this is the case then why are we spending loads of money on creams that claim to fix our 7 wonders?

If I could buy one cream that would fix the seven wonders of ageing of my choosing it would tackle -
1. Facial hair (in fact I would consider including big toe hair in that)
2. Varicos eveins
3. Sagging boobs
4. Bingo wings
5. Weak bladder
6. Not being able to think quickly enough to shout the right name at my misbehaving child, and then have to go quickly through all of the names in the household until I get the right one (and out loud just to make me look even more incompetent in front of them).
7. Aging acne

Whilst writing this I have decided to view my aging wonders with the same appreciation I have for my stretch marks.  I worked hard to get them, suffered long to grow them and now with pride, I look at my children and think 'You did that'!

No comments:

Post a Comment